As a GreenSquareAccord tenant, there are certain things that you are responsible for when it come to the upkeep of your home.
Below is a list of your responsibilities. We have included links to handy how-to videos where appropriate. Please contact us if there is anything you need to discuss regarding home maintenance.
- If you choose to decorate, please do so to a reasonable standard.
- Maintain and repair any fixtures you put in, and repair any fixtures you have damaged.
- Prevent and control condensation.
- Prevent pipes from freezing or bursting in cold weather.
- Locate and check your stop tap.
- Replace lost keys.
- Replace any smashed or cracked glass.
- Renew garage door pulls.
- Use draught excluders if necessary.
- Fix or repair broken door bells.
- Clean smoke detectors and test them regularly.
- Fit curtain rails or window blinds.
- Fit a shower curtain.
- Replace lightbulbs and fluorescent tubes.
- Reset trip switches.
- Keep rain water gully grids clear.
- Clean extractor fan vents.
- Fit waste pipes to washing machines and vents to tumble dryers.
- Clear blocked sinks, baths and toilets.
- Repair or replace broken or loose toilet seats.
- Replace sink / bath plugs and their chains.
- Reattach light pull cords.
- Replace cracked or broken wall tiles.
- Replace broken clothes lines and posts (including rotary driers).
- Repair minor problems with fences.
- Maintain garden paths.
- Look after TV aerials (unless shared with other homes).
Please note GreenSquareAccord is not responsible for the content of external sites and customers take advice at their own risk.