Care at home
Our care at home services, including those provided through our care at home brand Direct Health, are committed to ensuring the safety of our customers during Covid-19.
Our assurance to you:
- All our care staff will wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in line with the government guidance. Please be aware that different tasks may require different PPE but you can expect our staff to be wearing masks throughout their visits to your home.
- Our care staff are trained in how to manage the infection risks of Covid-19 and how to work in a way that keeps you- and them-safe.
- We will work continuously to ensure our staff work to the latest government guidance - this guidance can change at short notice, but we have a team of people working to make sure we are always following the latest advice.
- We will work with you to identify if you have any additional risk factors that may mean we need to deliver our services slightly differently - for example, we may do reviews by telephone to reduce unnecessary visits to your home.
What we ask of you:
- Please follow the latest national and local guidance. The latest information can be found on the government website official government guidance.
- Remember - Hands, Face, Space
- If you live in a Tier 2 or Tier 3 area, please do not allow other households to visit your property unless they form part of your support bubble
- Although our care staff will wear the necessary PPE, regardless of your Covid status, please do let us know if you experiencing symptoms of the virus, or if you have had contact with someone with a confirmed coronavirus diagnosis.
Please be assured that we are closely following and complying with the Public Health Authorities to ensure that we keep you and our staff safe.
If you have any queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to discuss these with your care coordinator on the branch contact number, or, if you live in one our building-based services, please speak to a member of staff on site.