Care at home
Please remember to follow the latest government rules regarding visitors to your home.
During this lockdown in England, if you live alone you are still able to form one support bubble, but visitors from multiple households are no longer allowed.
It is really important that everyone follows these rules to help keep us all as safe as possible. If people from multiple households are present when our carers arrive, the carer will be advised to leave the property and seek advice from the management team before providing the care.
To help ensure the safety of all of our customers and our staff, when a carer is in your home providing your care, if other members of your support bubble are present we do ask that they wait in another room to reduce the number of people our carers are in close contact with.
We appreciate your support with this, as we all work together to keep everyone as safe as possible in these difficult times.
Our care at home services, including those provided through our care at home brand Direct Health, are committed to ensuring the safety of our customers during Covid-19.
Our assurance to you:
- All our care staff will wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in line with the government guidance. Please be aware that different tasks may require different PPE but you can expect our staff to be wearing masks throughout their visits to your home.
- Our care staff are trained in how to manage the infection risks of Covid-19 and how to work in a way that keeps you- and them-safe.
- We will work continuously to ensure our staff work to the latest government guidance - this guidance can change at short notice, but we have a team of people working to make sure we are always following the latest advice.
- We will work with you to identify if you have any additional risk factors that may mean we need to deliver our services slightly differently - for example, we may do reviews by telephone to reduce unnecessary visits to your home.
What we ask of you:
- Please follow the latest national and local guidance. The latest information can be found on the government website official government guidance.
- Remember - Hands, Face, Space
- Although our care staff will wear the necessary PPE, regardless of your Covid status, please do let us know if you experiencing symptoms of the virus, or if you have had contact with someone with a confirmed coronavirus diagnosis.
Please be assured that we are closely following and complying with the Public Health Authorities to ensure that we keep you and our staff safe.
If you have any queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to discuss these with your care coordinator on the branch contact number, or, if you live in one our building-based services, please speak to a member of staff on site.