Are you looking for a new job? We have lots of opportunities to join our Accord team. You may be surprised to learn about some of the areas we work in – as well as being a social landlord, we have children’s nurseries, a plant nursery, a number of care schemes, providing care and support to the elderly, the homeless and the vulnerable; we have a factory that makes timber framed houses and teams of people to build and maintain our homes.
If you’re looking for your next job, take a look at our website – you could be our new carer, support worker, painter and decorator, electrician or office administrator. www.accordgroup.org.uk/jobs
Volunteering opportunities/work experience
We also have a wide variety of voluntary roles. If you can spare a few hours a week you could help to make a real difference to people’s lives. We have a variety of volunteer roles, including:
- Befriender - visit people in their home, or make contact via telephone to see how they are and provide them with the opportunity for social contact.
- Activities Volunteer - work with the staff team on an individual basis to support activities, working with customers to promote positive health and wellbeing.
- Admin Support - provide administrative support ranging from filing, data input, monitoring and evaluation collection and general administration duties.
- Health Care Walker - support customers by promoting healthy living and independence in the local community.
- Friendship Volunteer - visit and support elderly people who are socially isolated, whether in their own homes or in residential care.
If you, or someone you know, is looking to gain experience in a new job area, let us know. We can offer a wide variety of work experience placements – from care & support careers, to graphic design, from finance to construction – we have a wide range of professional teams who will be happy to offer work experience opportunities. For more information contact email@example.com .
Click to read the articles
Our customer panel works with the magazine editor to offer story ideas, proof-read drafts and suggest improvements. If you would like to get involved in Our House fill out the form.