Pathways for Life
Pathways for Life is a ground-breaking support service, run by Age UK Walsall and the Accord Group, for the thousands of people living with dementia in Walsall.
The unique service offers the 3,000 people in Walsall with dementia, as well as their carers and family, specialised support and advice from different bases across the borough.
The initiative includes:
- Seven dementia cafés, providing people with vital advice about the condition and an opportunity to socialise in an informal setting, are run on a monthly basis in Aldridge, Pelsall, Brownhills, Willenhall, Pleck, Bloxwich and Blakenhall
- Dementia Advisor Service permanently based at Age UK Walsall’s new town centre location at 10 The Bridge – acting as a first point of call for people with dementia and their carers
- Dementia support workers at Manor Hospital, where they will ensure that people diagnosed with dementia get support as early as possible.
- Dementia Diagnosis Support Worker working alongside the memory clinic to provide support, advice and guidance for people with dementia and their family members/ carers following a diagnosis of dementia.
- Dementia Hard to Reach Support Workers working within the community to engage and support people with dementia from hard to reach communities.
For more information about the services provided by Pathways for Life, email email@example.com or call us on 01922 707898 or 01922 707899 .