Resident engagement means giving you, our residents and customers, the chance to help plan and review how our services are delivered.
The Accord Group is committed to resident engagement. We want to be accountable to you and make sure that you can take part in the decisions we make and feel that you have the power to challenge us to get things right or improve them.
Residents summarised resident engagement at their Conference in 2009 with this sentence:
“It’s about working together to provide good homes and neighbourhoods supported by appropriate services that meet the needs and wishes of our residents through effective, accessible and transparent engagement.”
Getting involved means you can:
- Shape the services you receive and pay for
- Improve the environment in which you live
- Have more say in your local neighbourhood
- Win awards or get recognition for your efforts
- Build your skills and confidence
- Organise social events for your area.
Are you thinking of running an event? Click to download our Community Events Toolkit or check it out below.